Tree ORIDw words copy copy

Board Meeting Minutes 11/22/2017

Board Meeting Minutes 11/22/2017 7:30pm-9:30pm Online Meeting   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Audrey Loudenback Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy   Members absent: MAL #2: Laurielle Aviles   Board Reports/Committee Reports  (as needed) President RID Board Update RID discussing changes and the possibility of transitioning to a delegate system and each member section will have a selected delegate to vote Reasoning: sometimes members are uninformed about what is happening behind the scenes A delegate system is in line with other professional models Separating membership from certification Members have expressed feeling there is little benefit from being an RID member outside of maintaining certification CASLI is currently running testing and discussions are being held regarding the strategic plan around testing Legislative Committee Update Information about licensure 2 surveys being developed To disseminate to other states 30 other states have some kind of licensure in...
Continue reading
29 Hits

Membership Meeting Minutes 10/21/2017

Membership Meeting Minutes 10/21/2017 3:00-5:00p Portland - PCC Cascade Campus   Board members in attendance President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Audrey Ramirez- Loudenback Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Laurielle Aviles   To view a recording of the meeting please click the following link: http://wouinterpreting.adobeconnect.com/pgjub49zj4xx/   It may take a while to load as it has all the information (slides, chat and video) from the online meeting room.   Housekeeping Approval of minutes from the August meeting in Tillamook Tara: I move to approve the minutes from the January meeting. Christina Healy second Passes   Board Reports President Region V Conference Video from Paul Glaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzoJXqVTBvM Hosted at Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA on July 11-14th There is currently an open call for presenters and the website is live: https://sites.google.com/rid.org/region5conference2018 Registration will open in January Vice President In the process of finding Deaf interpreters...
Continue reading
150 Hits

Board Meeting Minutes 09/13/2017

Board Meeting Minutes 9/13/2017 6:00pm-8:00pm Online Meeting   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Audrey Loudenback Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Laurielle Aviles   Board reports President Region V conference Call for committee chairs is out, screening completed, in acceptance process - several from Oregon applied Considering use of Guidebook app for programing ORID to run registration and name badges More volunteers will be needed for committees in time Trying to connect with new OAD President, Logan Plans to attend OAD’s next meeting Legislative Committee Elisa Maroney and Amanda Smith to represent WOU and will look into licensure across the country Kalen Beck, previous OHSU coordinator, will also be involved A lot of the work ORID does currently ends up being policy work but are lacking the necessary resources to look at and change each individual policy Changing all policies requires a...
Continue reading
161 Hits

Membership Meeting Minutes 8/25/2017

Membership Meeting Minutes 8/25/2017 5:00p-7:00p Tillamook People’s Utility   Board members in attendance President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Audrey Loudenback Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Laurielle Aviles   Approval of spring meeting minutes Minutes should only be voted on by those who were in attendance, otherwise abstain Christina moves to approve the minutes, Tara seconds, passed   Board reports President Board retreat took place 10:00a-3:30p (discussed further below in priorities) Discussed Strength in Unity pledge which the Board signed together and will consciously incorporate those principles in everyday interactions ORID hosted 2 livestream locations for the RID conference spurring in-depth and thoughtful discussions Structure was modified this year with a short presentation then small groups with a facilitator working to develop strategic recommendations Many ideas exchanged that could directly affect ORID and how ORID can better serve the community Region V conference Mish...
Continue reading
175 Hits

Board Retreat Minutes 08/25/2017

Board Retreat Minutes 8/25/2017 10:00am-3:00pm Tillamook People’s Utility   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Audrey Loudenback Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Laurielle Aviles   Strength in Unity Pledge Sign together as a Board Principles to be consciously be included in all Board interactions with selves and community Actively engage with people from marginalized communities to gain perspective Listen, learn, and be conscious of our own privilege Be accountable for our learning and show up, regardless of circumstance or praise Remain present through the internal and external discomfort that may result from our commitment Resist ideas that suggest strength is found in self-promotion at the expense of others Avoid identity politics or the dismissal of another’s experience as irrelevant or unimportant Name antagonisms in their many forms and call out oppressive acts, overt and subtle Dismantle the oppressive systems that empower and...
Continue reading
177 Hits

Board Meeting Minutes 07/17/2017

ORID Board Meeting July 17th 6:00pm-8:00pm Online   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Audrey Loudenback Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Laurielle Aviles   Board Reports President 3 co-chairs (Paul Glasser (WSRID President), Mish (Region V Rep), and Jenna (ORID President)) Need committee chairs from any region Funding for conference is from the shared Region V bank account and is enough for seed money so begin conference planning Hosting chapters will split profits via point system 1 for each Mish, Jenna, Paul Each committee chair will be given a point Each region also given a point Point system to be shared with membership to be aware of how funding works Currently looking for logo committee Ask Mish if it’s possible to commission a logo Deaf designers a possibility Previously have done a call for logos and there is a prize for 1st,...
Continue reading
248 Hits

Board Meeting Minutes 06/04/2017

Board Meeting Minutes Online Meeting 6:00p-8:00p   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Lori Salus   Board Reports President Livestream Still searching for one more person for the Portland group. Monmouth has 5 and Portland has 4 attendees. Both groups are registered and paid for. Erin and Christina are working on training to become facilitators June 11 for online training Christina to report back about the facilitator training Emails 503-C nonprofit qualifies ORID for free google suite services and can access Microsoft products as well Application submitted and accepted - will be working with Mary (webmaster) to transition the service President email hacked 2 times 2 emails sent to Jake asking for money to be deposited into an account Lag in receiving emails due to forwarding through another system Need to make sure emails are...
Continue reading
387 Hits

General Meeting Minutes 05/13/2017

Membership Meeting Minutes 5/13/2017 11:00a-1:00p Salem - Broadway Coffeehouse   Board members in attendance President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Lori Salus   To view a recording of the meeting please click the following link: http://wouinterpreting.adobeconnect.com/p6ntczzloxrg/ It may take a while to load as it has all the information (slides, chat and video) from the online meeting room.   Housekeeping Approval of minutes from the January Eugene meeting which was held online due to inclement weather Christina Healy: Move to approve the minutes from the January meeting, Andrew Weaver second Vote: 9 yes, 0 no, 0 abstain - Passes   Board Reports President RID national conference Held in Salt Lake City, Utah on July 20-24 New format functioning as a working conference rather than a focus on earning CEUs CASLI (Center for Assessment of Sign Language Interpreters)...
Continue reading
340 Hits

Board Meeting Minutes 04/20/2017

ORID Board Meeting April 20th, 2017 Online 6:30pm-8:30pm Membership Meeting Agenda (Minutes below) Board Reports (as needed) President Live Stream Application Open Region 5 Conference Survey Out Vice President Secretary Committee reports for membership meeting - filmed? Treasurer ORID-WOU partnership for workshops MAL 1 MAL 2 Nominations update Workshop Membership K-12 Communications Received all committee reports Scholarship and Service Old Business Language Policy for Board Meetings Summer Meeting (Aug 24-25th?) New Business May 13th Membership Meeting Summer Picnic Time for Member Comments Complaints against non-interpreter Adjourn   Board Meeting Minutes Online Meeting   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Lori Salus   Members Absent: Vice President: Andrew Weaver Board Reports Secretary No requirement to vote to approve previous board meeting minutes Priced notebooks/swag with our logo and currently seems fiscally irresponsible to make that kind of purchase President Live...
Continue reading
535 Hits

Board Meeting Minutes 03/23/2017

ORID Board Meeting March 23rd, 2017 Online 7:00pm-9:00pm Membership Meeting Board Reports (as needed) MAL 1 Nominations President OAD meeting with VP Steven Brown re: Licensure HB 3397 ORID Recommendations   Vice President Secretary Career fair update Bylaws updates Treasurer MAL 2 Committee Reports Workshop Membership K-12 Communications Newsletter - Liaisons be in touch with Chairs regarding committee update Scholarship and Service Old Business RID LEAD Conference Slot Vote New Business 2018 Region 5 Conference OR/WA? WSRID supports Vancouver location in summer or early fall of 2018.   Live Streaming RID Conference Monmouth Location - Contact: Erin Trine Portland Location - ? OAD Conference Sponsorship Request Language Policy for Board Meetings Summer Meeting Date? Time for Member Comments Adjourn   Board Meeting Minutes Online Meeting   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Lori Salus  ...
Continue reading
387 Hits

Board Meeting Minutes 02/15/2017

Board Meeting Agenda February 15th 6pm-8pm Board Updates President OHCIA Phone Meeting RID LEAD Conference Slots General Lottery March 1st-31st Lottery registrants will be notified if they were chosen by April 28th ORID must inform RID 30 days before the conference of the names Vice President Deaf Professional Series Update Board Nominations Committee Updates Link to Monthly Reports Request for funding from WOU students for Nicaragua trip Summer retreat date   Board Meeting Minutes Online Meeting   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Secretary: Tara Troup Treasurer: Jake Sparks MAL #2: Lori Salus (Joining at 7:00)   Members absent: MAL #1: Christina Healy Intros Jacob and Lynne (senior rep from WOU cohort) joining for meeting   OHCIA (Oregon Health Care Interpreter Association) phone meeting with Austin M. Runs on a grant and will be working to push legislation related to interpreting. Currently there is no certification for...
Continue reading
433 Hits

General Meeting Minutes 01/07/2017

Membership Meeting Minutes 01/07/2017 12:00p-2:00p Online meeting due to inclement weather   Board members in attendance President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy - in and out due to tech and travel MAL #2: Lori Salus   Board members absent Treasurer: Jake Sparks - Tech issues   Housekeeping The meeting was originally scheduled to be held in Eugene but due to inclement weather around the state is being held fully online for the first time Approval of October membership meeting minutes which are available at orid.org Tara moves, Andrew 2nd - passes: 7 yes, 1 abstention, 0 no   Board Reports President Jenna Curtis RID 2017 LEAD Together Conference will he held in Salt Lake City, Utah on July 20-24 50 tickets will be provided to small-group facilitators who will facilitate interactive  discussions during the conference.- facilitator applications are currently open and if...
Continue reading
552 Hits

General Meeting Minutes October 2016

Membership Meeting Minutes 10/8/16 10:00a-12:00p PCC Sylvania   Board members in attendance President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Lori Salus   To view a recording of the meeting please click the following link: http://wouinterpreting.adobeconnect.com/p3b680ap4r3/ It may take a while to load as it has all the information (slides, chat and video) from the online meeting room.   Housekeeping First time membership meeting is being live-streamed. Audrey Loudenback monitoring the technical side of the meeting. Thank you to WOU for providing the technology and PCC for the room. Future meetings to be open to anyone online Former president Susie Friberg here to co-lead Approval of previous minutes - Christina moved to approve minutes, Jake second Introduction of new board   Board reports President Jenna Curtis President’s role to coordination with the national organization as ORID is an affiliate...
Continue reading
677 Hits

Board Meeting Minutes 9/12/16

Board Meeting Agenda and Minutes September 12th 2016 6pm-8pm October 8th Membership Meeting How are things going? Asana Try for 30 days Licensure OAD’s interest Facebook Page vs. Facebook Group Guidelines Board Meeting Minutes Online Meeting   Members present: President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Lori Salus   Members Absent: Treasurer: Jake Sparks   Technology for meetings WOU has donated Adobe Connect for ORID use during membership meetings Audrey Loudenback will help run tech during meetings Trial run on Oct 8 meeting: tech will include 2 laptops DSLR Camera for streaming presenter - might have an issue of icons taking up the screen External web-cam to video the audience Long ethernet cord for stable internet Upload the video to the website Quicktime Adobe Connect - does not capture chat box in real time Youtube Members in areas outside of the...
Continue reading
654 Hits

Board Retreat Minutes 8/16/16

Board Retreat Day Minutes 8/16/16 9:00a-3:00p PCC Sylvania   Members in attendance President: Jenna Curtis Vice President: Andrew Weaver Treasurer: Jake Sparks Secretary: Tara Troup MAL #1: Christina Healy MAL #2: Lori Salus   Opening Intros Approval of the agenda Board norms and ground rules Future minutes accessibility Reorganize to have minutes easily findable on webpage Minutes are to be available within one week of each meeting Board report Treasurer Preparing financial statements, preparing and sending membership cards, establishing new bank account, tending the PO box, reimbursement to members, managing PayPal account, payments sent to financial management and webmaster. There have been issues with accessibility to the bank account and business contact information that should be out by next term. Vice President Working on solutions to some website challenges including updating info and membership renewal. Liaison to workshop committee which is gearing up for the 4-day medical workshop. Attended RID...
Continue reading
666 Hits

ORID General Meeting May 2016

    May 7, 2016 ORID General Meeting Social hour: 11a Meeting start time: 11:57a Broadway Coffee- Mexico Room 18 people in attendance Board members present: Susie Friberg, Lindsay Meyer, Lori Salus, Jessica Van Winkle, Sarah Hill Absent Board members: Andrew Weaver 1.    Review minutes- minutes accepted contingent upon spelling errors being corrected. 2.    ORID Board Reports: a.    Jessica – Budget report ORIDs current bank statement holds $23,869. 92, net income was -3.329.69. ORID will need to earn more money in order to monetarily support members or hire presenter. Members asked about ~$1,600 fee for tax prep. Was explained because of our filing status that a CPA needed to be hired. ORID is given a discounted rate due to our 501C3 status. Hiring a professional keeps our status and in compliance with submitting an annual report to National RID.   Suggested that the next treasurer perhaps research other banking options...
Continue reading
748 Hits

Membership Meeting - Eugene Hop City February 6, 2016

Date: February 6, 2016 Membership Meeting - Eugene Hop City Board in Attendance: Susie Friberg, Andrew Weaver,Jessica VanWinkle, Lori Salus, Lindsay Meyer Board Absent: Sarah Hill Number in Attendance: 28+ Meeting start time: 12:08pm Review and Approve Minutes: Motion to approve minutes:  Lindsay Meyer               Second:   Adelka Shawn approve:   8 oppose: 0 abstain: 0 Board Reports Jessica: Budget  Currently ORID is in good standing.  We have had some expenditures and some income.  Overall we are within the budget we laid out at the beginning of the year.   Andrew - no report Lori - no report Lindsay -  ITP student update:   Kate (1st year) from PCC was in attendance.  Matt and Lynne from WOU were in class today.   Kate mentioned that there is a second year PCC representative.  Lindsay asked that that person contact her so she can meet and greet her.   Again the emphasis for student representatives...
Continue reading
1712 Hits

ORID

Questions?
Our Mailing Address
PO Box 1704
Tualatin, OR 97062